Monday, February 7, 2011

Four Day Recap

Monday (2/7/2011) - The temperature in Boston is warm and it feels as though spring is in the air.   When I got home from work, I changed into my running gear and went out for a 3 mile easy jog to begin another week of training.   
 
Saturday (2/5/2011) - The second I opened my eyes, I immediately was thinking about my pre run meal and 12 mile run.  Since I was up in VT for the weekend, I did not have a route already mapped out.  I ate some eggs and toast and headed out in my car to clock a route.  A half hour later, I finally had a route picked out that incorporated lengthly hills (both up and down) and a beautiful winter scenery.  Finally I was ready to run!  I headed out and within the first mile struggled with very tight calf muscles.  I stopped briefly to try to stretch them out and then continued on my way.  When I reached half way I was feeling great.  I checked my blood sugar and ate a gu to refuel my body.  As I continued on the last six miles, it began to snow.  Luckily I had asked some friends to come check on me and supply me with some water.  Next thing I know I hear beep beep!  I turn to see a familiar face looking back at me.  Just when I was starting to slow down I got the boost of a friend cheering me on.  Perfect timing!!  As I approached the ten mile mark, the blizzard like conditions caused the visibility to decrease significantly.  I decided that since mile 11 was all along a stretch of the road with no sidewalks that I would cut my run short and stop where the sidewalk ended.  No matter how many miles were completed, it was another run for the books.
 
Friday (2/4/2011) – Friday is my favorite day of the week.  Not only is it one of the two days of the week that I do not have to run (yessss!), but it is also the start of the weekend :-)  The only thing on my mind on Friday nights is the long run I have ahead of me on Saturday morning.  Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!
 Thursday (2/3/2011) - This past Thursday was a quick workout that consisted of 3 miles of sprint jogs.  It was a beautiful night out in Boston, but I decided in order to get the most explosive sprint work in, the gym would be my best bet since the treadmill is typically not icy or slippery.  I did some stretching pre and post workout which had my entire workout complete in around 45 minutes. 

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment