Thursday, February 24, 2011

Catch Up

Thursday (2/24/2011) - Unmotivated was the word for today.   I had no desire to go to the gym to do 3 miles of sprint jogs say anything about doing any weight training too.  But, I received a text from my wonderful family personal trainer that asked what my workout was for the day.  When I responded with 3 miles, I then proceeded to receive a follow up text from her that stated I should go to the gym and do my weight training workout too. Ughhhhh.  Not what I wanted to do at all.  After some serious stalling I knew that I needed to get my act together and just go complete the workout.  An hour later I was finally at the gym and ready to work off some stress that accumulated during my hectic week.  24 and a half minutes later my 3 miles of sprint jogs were done and it was time to move on to the weight training.  Since I was so sore after the first weight work out last week, it was recommended that I only go through the circuit twice this time instead of three times. Before I knew it, I had completed the circuits twice and was all set to head home for the night with two rest days ahead of me!  Yayyyy.

Wednesday (2/23/2011) - I got caught up at work late and had plans for the evening which meant I had only a half hour to fit in my 3 mile loop that I had to do.  The whole hour T ride home I was preparing myself to just go out there and get my run completed as fast as possible.  My adrenaline got pumping early on which is always a plus during any run.  I kept pushing myself even when I was tired and wanted to stop which helped me to complete my goal of 3 miles, easily under 30 minutes.

Tuesday (2/22/2011) - Run Club day!!  I could not decide if I wanted to run 3.5 or 5 miles due to the amount of ice that was on the route the past few weeks, but I was talked into doing 5 miles by my run club friends.  Thankfully, there was hardly any snow or ice on the sidewalks which allowed for a much stronger run than in the past.  Running with the group pushed me to go faster than I would of if I was running by myself.  As I sprinted the final stretch back to the store and heard the overall time it took me to finish the run I was very excited to hear that this was one of the fastest runs I had ever completed.  Wooo Hooooo!!  Accomplishments like this help me to continue on the long marathon journey.

Monday (2/21/2011) - Rest Day.  I had hoped to make it to the gym to do some weight training but my busy schedule did not allow this to happen.  Maybe next time.

Sunday (2/20/2011) - After two days of so called rest, you would think that I would be ready to head out for an easy eight mile jog.  However, I was extremely exhausted from lack of sleep and too much dancing!!!  The last thing I felt like doing when I got home mid afternoon was to go for a run.  Thankfully all of my friends were busy which gave me a solid hour to go out and get my run before anyone was available.  Shortly after beginning my route, I was in the zone and nothing was going to get in my way and slow me down.  There were less hills on this route through Hanover, NH than I normally face along Commonwealth Ave. so it felt as though I was running extremely fast (ok so really it just felt like I was running a little bit faster than my typical nine minute mile, but still!).  A little over an hour later my run was done and I was ready to relax for the evening.  I cannot wait to see how my half marathon goes this coming Sunday!!

Saturday (2/19/2011) - A rest day that consisted of elevating my heart rate by standing high above the ground on the ropes course at the Hulbert Outdoor Center.  I am so thankful for my amazing ropes course partner!!  If it was not for him cheering me on and showing me how to complete the various tasks by always flying through the mission first, I would not have even attempted or completed the so called "island" walk high in the air.  Awesome work by all!!  The evening was completed by a great dance with lots of jumping, jigging, laughter and of course the seemingly never ending cotton eye joe!!

Friday (2/18/2011) - Friday was a rest day, but I definitely was keeping busy and having fun with all of the Winter Weekend campers!!

Thursday (2/17/2011) - Knowing that I had a busy weekend ahead of me, I had to get up before work in order to be sure I could get my run done.  I struggled to wake up (so not into waking up early to go for a run), but the weather was beautiful and the sun was shining.  So after hitting the snooze button once, I was up and ready to hit the pavement.  There were very few people out and about at this hour of the morning, which allowed for a very peacful run.  Even though it was peaceful, I still struggled with sore muscles.  I completed a 3 mile loop at one of the slowest paces I have run since I started my training.  Thankfully I had already told myself that today was not about speed but completion of the task on hand instead which was to run 3 miles.  The best news about being done this run was that I would be taking the next two days off from running to go to VT to volunteer for a diabetes camp! So fun!

Wednesday (2/16/2011) - All I can say is SORE!  I was still extremely sore from my Tuesday workout at the gym and decided it would be a good day to take off and just rest and stretch.  I used the foam roller for about 20 minutes.  Foam rolling was very painful, but having my muscles feel much better on Thursday made the pain all the more worth it!
 

 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you and all the hard work you are putting in for the marathon. I'll be there at the finish line!! <3

    ReplyDelete