Thursday, February 10, 2011

Brrrrr

Thursday (2/10/2011) - Completed a 3 mile sprint jog at the gym.  The first 2 miles were a breeze and I was on track to making one of my best times yet, but the last mile was a struggle.  After this part of the workout was completed, I did some weight and core training. 13 this weekendddddd.  Ahhhhhh!

Tuesday (2/8/2011) -  I headed over to Run Club at City Sports on Boylston Street after work.   When I went to work in the morning the temperature outside felt as though it was around 38 degrees F.  However, on my walk over to run club I realized the temperature had dropped about 10 degrees F and the wind had picked up significantly.   As other run club participants arrived, I was excited to see a familiar face walk through the door!  A friend of mine that I had not seen in some time came to run club and is also going to be participating in the 2011 Boston Marathon!  Yayyy!  Another Run Buddy for the lovely weekend long runs.  Shortly after 6 P.M. the group headed out and almost everyone was participating in the 5 mile route.  As soon as we crossed the footbridge and reached the Charles River, the wind immediately picked up and was making the run extremely cold.  With my face hidden in my shirt and my legs battling the wind and serious amounts of ice I just kept going step after step.  As soon as I reached the Mass Ave Bridge, I contemplated cutting my run short and heading back to the store.  Then I remembered a saying that a few of my friends have always said, "You never know what race day is going to be like.  You always have to be prepared for anything."  With that in mind, I forced myself to head over the Mass Ave Bridge onto the Cambridge side of the Charles to continue the 5 mile route.  Battling the wind and ice on the path the entire route, I had never been so happy to make it back to the store.  Man did it feel good to say another run was behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment