Saturday, March 26, 2011

Another Training Week Done

Saturday (3/26/2011) - Spent the day preparing myself for the 20 miles that will be completed on Sunday.  Drank lots of water and did some carbo loading by eating pizza for dinner!  Yummmm.  Now time to continue resting up!


Friday (3/25/2011) - Did absolutely nothing in terms of a workout and LOVED every minute of it.


Thursday (3/24/2011) - Did a 3 mile easy jog around the apartment with Jenny.  While running she noticed that I apparently was limping a little bit (my knee is still bothering me).  I had not noticed I was changing my form, but decided that it would be best to rest for the next 2 days and prepare myself and my knee for the Eastern States 20 mile run on Sunday. 


Wednesday (3/23/2011) - I was supposed to get up before work to head to the gym, but for the first time in my three plus months of training I decided I needed my rest more than anything.  So, I opted for an extra hour of sleep and headed to the gym after work for 3 miles of sprint jogs and a circuit workout.  The 3 miles of sprint jogs was very difficult for me.  I had no desire to be at the gym and was mentally weak.  I was not physically tired from running, but just not into it.   After what felt like the longest three miles and circuit workout ever, I was finally done at the gym.


Tuesday (3/22/2011) - Run club day!  Ran the 5 mile route with the usual crew, but this time was joined by a woman from Mississippi.   It was so nice to chat with her along the run, as she has run multiple marathons before and motivated me to keep working hard.  She reminded me to focus on the fact that I will have completed a marathon in less than a month, instead of focusing on how long it takes me to cross the finish line.  I finished the 5 miles with a favorable pace, but as soon as I stopped running was reminded of the fact that my knee has been bothering me.  I don't notice the pain when running, but as soon as I stop the pain returned.    I have no idea what caused the pain as it came upon me so quickly with no warning signs.  I iced the painful spot on my leg/knee when I got home (by using a bag of frozen peas :) and prepared for the rest of the week ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment